View in Google Maps


This blog has moved. The new blog is here: https://tokyot2.wordpress.com/

Web Search Tokyo-t Google


Friday, January 02, 2009

Oh, The Fucking Roaches..




I just found one crawling on my can of cockroach spray.

On. The. Can.

I stood there and waited patiently as it circled the can and finally crawled off onto the floor so that I could proceed to use half a can on it. Worse part is I had a half-filled beer sitting on the table, so now I have no way of knowing if it's been walking on it or if there's one inside.

Well..it is the last beer..

I'm not afraid of them, but I feel like I'm thrown to the winds most of the day so I'd like to exercise a little control over my apartment.

Apartment.
I guess if I close the sliding door I could call it that; then it'd be two rooms instead of one. When I first moved out of the overpriced Nova accommodations this place was like a palace: I was alone, the place was clean and best of all I was still paying ¥20,000 less. Now that I have more money it seems like I've outgrown it.

My place is clean enough..it's just old. A while back I noticed that the cupboards underneath the sink were rotting away.
Just as I was about done convincing myself that it wasn't so bad a cockroach ran into a rotted gap. I promptly called the landlady to see if I could have it replaced.
My landlady isn't bad; she only charged me two month's rent to move in (something I appreciated incredibly at the time); she let me go 2 1/2 months without paying rent during the whole Nova fiasco; she helps me communicate when I'm having trouble with my bills..
..but she was not going to spend any real money on that cupboard. I could see that.
Here are some of the reasons she gave me to explain why I had cockroached in my apartment:
  • The apartment wasn't clean
    She has regularly commented that my apartment is the cleanest apartment she has. maybe that's not saying much, but what I mean to say is that I keep my apartment clean.

  • The cockroaches are thirsty
    There is water nearby that the cockroaches want to drink. You mean like the water dripping from the sink onto the rotting cupboards?

  • I don't throw out my garbage fast enough
    What garbage? You mean that tiny bag from Origin over there? The one I bought the onigiri in?

  • Grobal Warming
    My personal favorite. I think I laughed out loud for that one.

  • It's winter
    The gokiburiゴキブリ are looking for somewhere warm to sleep. Nope. Definitely not my apartment lady..


This went on for a while, so we compromised; she made arrangements for a handyman to come over and take a look at it. I left work early so I could be there to witness any attempts at repair.
It was worth it:

Well, I coulda done that. Thanks. Can you leave now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home