View in Google Maps


This blog has moved. The new blog is here: https://tokyot2.wordpress.com/

Web Search Tokyo-t Google


Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"Yes, We Can."

Barrack Obama is very popular in Japan.
He's probably popular a lot of places, but I doubt they use his image to sell electronics.
Here he's just a passing fad like everything else to most people.
Even my students, who can't speak a word of English, come up to me and say "Obama? Obama? Yes, we can!"
They're always like "オバマ似る!" ("You look like Obama!"). And of course the only reason I look like Obama is because I'm black.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iconoclast said...

So hilariously true. OMG - the doll doesn't even look like Obama. Also, Obama carries an 8830 Blackberry not a Blackberry 9000. That's just a sad marketing ploy ;/

8:48 pm  
Blogger Tokyo T said...

Don't worry. They;ll tire of it soon...

12:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home